Thursday 22 August 2013

Robyn's "Dancing on my own" **

"I'm just gonna dance all night
I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line
Stilettos and broken bottles
I'm spinning around in circles."
 
 
"So far away but still so near
The lights go on, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here
I just came to say goodbye."
 
 
Robyn Kleerup Dancing on my own lyrics (2 verses which resonate most with me)
 
Most girls can relate to some parts of this song much like me, but this is a phase of our lives which we absolutely have to outgrow and walk away from. These are games no one should have to play. We need to stop subjecting ourselves to being the lesser woman, falling victim to a deficit of self-worth. Own your womanhood. Own your dignity. I've done that. I'm doing that.
#growingpains
 


No comments:

Post a Comment