Wednesday 3 February 2016

A different take **

When it comes to picking clothes in a store, I have good taste, but once the clothes are in my cupboard, I can take up to half an hour tryna decide which top to wear. The average image conscious human's struggle, I guess.

I'm not boasting when I say I'm stylish (a lot of people are), but sometimes I feel that I don't take enough risks with the clothes in my cupboard. I have items I've only worn twice at most. Why? Because I don't want to be toooo unconventional. But that ends now. I'm not going to be an XS forever and there are clothes to be worn! 

So yesterday I decided to check the clothes at the back of the closet and put something together. It's easier to start with an all black ensemble when taking risks. "Where's the risk?" you might ask - the risk is putting together cuts you wouldn't usually pair with each other. 

I'm quite a fan of tomboy chic, so I did this with a pair of joggers (bought in 2012) and a flared sheer top (2013) and I was pleased with the result and I was comfortable. 

Ensemble breakdown: 
Flared black sheer top - Vertigo 
Black joggers - Icon @ YDE 
Black "Fever" sunnies - Cotton On 

No comments:

Post a Comment