Wednesday 13 July 2016

Festival casual**


The Grahamstown National Arts Festival is a time when some of the most talented and well-dressed individuals visit this small colonial town for about 10 days in July. The town becomes a hub of artists, hustlers, tourists and media personnel alike. 

Even though I was working a 9am to midnight daily interviewing directors & cast members, I knew that this was no time to wear my exhaustion. During the festival I usually spend a little more time planning out my outfits because the streets become abuzz with some of the latest trends from literally all over the world. Also because it's just generally way too cold, one has to figure out all their layers. 

It's no Fashion Week, but the air is somewhat reminiscent of one if you compare it to the rest of the year in quiet little Rhini. 

So this past #NAF I was lucky enough to link up with old friend & founder of Thase Media, Elelwani Netshifhire, who was more than happy to take snaps of one or two of my festival looks. Here's what came of it: 


Ensemble breakdown: 
* Black long sleeve basic Tee - Betty Basics @ Stuttafords
* Blue denims - Ronald Sassoon @ Sissy Boy 
* Grey Melange coatigan - Jenni Button 
* Black suede thigh highs - YDE 
* Eyewear - Marciano for Guess 

 I guess the key is making comfort and warmth look effortlessly chic ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment