Monday 16 September 2013

"Print-cess" - Get the look**

I absolutely love prints, graphics and different textures. My cupboard is PACKED with printed garments from dresses to animal print sweaters (which my friends have affectionately mocked) to crop-tops to headscarves.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I love summer so much - it allows me to explore the respective African and Asian cultures and to play with colour and various light fabrics.

What I usually do with my printed items, though, is to wear only one of them in a given ensemble for the day, thus making it the star of the show, but what I have recently discovered in one of my favourite fashion glossies, ELLE magazine, is that mixing it all up makes for a beautiful summer cocktail.

Even better for me, when I read further I came to the realisation that what I consider to be my key ingredient when I style myself is what this magazine deemed the best way to don this look and that my fellow readers, is this: "SIMPLICITY is the ultimate sophistication." I never want to look like I've put in too much effort into an outfit, so I always opt for minimalist styling and I steer clear of that "matchy-matchy" mess.

This is exactly the advice that the October issue of the Elle magazine provided its readers with - when mixing prints & graphics you can go explore quite a bit, but when it comes to styling (your hair, for example), minimalism will definitely work in your favour. I haven't thought of the right prints to mix together just yet, but this is how I have worn them thus fur:

 Featuring the classic white shirt (Canterbury), here. This is a dress I bought from a little store called Catacombes in Kalk Bay 3yrs ago and I can still rock it in so many ways. This was a winter look, so I paired it with these Melissa boots and chunky Marks & Spencers tights.


 This is a scarf I got from the ELLE magazine about two issues ago. Paired here with just a touch of pink lippie and a pair of cat-eye sunnies.



 
*"print-cess" term adopted from ELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment