Sunday 27 November 2016

Marriage Material.


I absolutely love weddings! Anyone who follows me on social media knows this. I don't subscribe to the hopeless romantic title, but signing the rest of your life away to someone you don't see yourself unloving ever and throwing a bit of a party to let your friends, family and crusty exes know is my kind of lavish romance...well at least just the wedding day/s. 

Besides the cute cupcakes, the rose petal confetti and the wedding singers who cover John Legend hits, what I love about weddings is, of course, the opportunity to dress up in the day time (Lord knows those have been rare for a student in Grahamstown) and my excitement over any bride's dream wedding gown. 

So when I headline this post "Marriage material", best believe it has nothing to do with the patriarchal standards imposed on women for the benefit of overgrown mommy's boys, but everything to do with the material used to make a well-designed, well-tailored bridal gown that graced the white carpet recently.

So I just thought I should share my favourite style moments (in this post and the next 2 to follow) from the wedding I attended at the East London Golf Club about a week ago. 

Let me tell ya'll - I was star struck by the bride's flawlessly designed wedding gown. It was a mermaid, off-shoulder dress, gracefully sprinkled with pearls and sequins. The pearl details were quite reminiscent of icicles, but beautifully so.

After all the jovial chatter and photo op hustle of the day I managed to find out that the designer of the dress is Orapeleng Modutle, who has dressed the likes of Nomzamo Mbatha and Bonang Matheba.

Photos courtesy of Full Circle Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment